June 13, 2011

The Meaning Behind the Name...

Yeah, so I totes just realized I never explained the name of this blog. And I'm pretty sure that would be appreciated. So here we go! (Don't worry. There will be no lists involved. I think)

My name is (obviously) not Lizz. It's Elizabeth (I really hope you guys had that figured out...). Now see, my dad's side of the family is normal. They call me Elizabeth, and have never shortened my name to Lizz. I love them.

But my mom's side of the family, however, has a problem with my name being too long, or too boring, or something. So they ALL CALL ME LIZZ. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. And there's like, four times more people on my mom's side than on my dad's side. And they all happen to conveniently live in the same town. ALL OF THEM. So whenever we go there, it's Lizz this, and Lizz that, and LIZZ LIZZ LIZZ LIZZ LIZZ! From my grandparents, my aunt, my uncle, my other aunt, my two cousins... Even people at their church (which we go to when we're in town) have caught on and address me as "Lizz"! I swear, sometimes I just can't take it any more! (see picture)


Yeah... That's how I feel. (But not how I really look. Though I wish I looked that awesome, haha)

But anyways, the thing that gets me the most is how they SPELL it. Most normal people would agree that "Lizz" should only be spelled with one Z (I suppose it's because there is only one Z in "Elizabeth". Curse their logic!). I, however, argue that it should be spelled with two Z's. I mean think about it... Any words that end in Z have TWO Z's at the end! (Buzz, fuzz, fizz..)

So yeah, over time the nickname kinda grew on me (and I mean, no amount of pleading would make them stop), so I gave in. But I stress the fact that it has TWO Z's, not one. Sadly they tend to ignore my wishes. But whatever. When I take over the world, I can make 'em spell my name however I want :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to read some of the random things I post on here. I will read and appreciate every single comment, so please feel free to speak your mind! If you want to email me (and please do!), you can contact me at robinhoodlove123@yahoo.com. Have a splendidly wonderful day! :)